Saturday, February 7, 2009

Saturday Gratitude and Cheap Scarves

It's Saturday night, which means I'm exhausted. Saturdays at the bridal salon are 7 hour marathon runs for me... a breakless, heavy-lifting, chaotic whirlwind of a day. I'm grateful for the way the time flies, and the chance I have to really connect with people with my job. It's a blessing to use my stressful day to magically make someone's planning process a bit LESS stressful... everything comes full circle.

I've been thinking a lot lately about how lucky I am to have a job that I love, given the state of our country and our economy. I certainly don't make much more than I need to get by, but I'm able to get by, and enjoy making a living, and I'm just humbled, and grateful, and thrilled. I play dress up all day long, and there are tears, and champagne, and I get to make other women feel beautiful and special and pampered... it's awesome. I'm a lucky, lucky kid.

But in light of our current economic crisis, I present the two dollar scarf: made with (on sale) KnitPicks Wool of the Andes Kettle-Dyed (1 skein) and one beautiful left-over button. Pattern is Mustard Scarf...find it on Rav.

_DSF0048

Cheap and dead sexy... I'm in love with this little scarf, and am wearing it everywhere.

_DSF0051

(this is me trying to model. the more observant of you will note that I'm cracking up)

Today I am grateful for a job that is stable and makes me smile, for the tears of happy moms-of-brides, for cheap yarn, a new president, a boyfriend who tirelessly takes photos, the world's best dog, happy-hour manicures and glasses of wine, beautiful, intelligent, inspiring friends, and a family that constantly expands my definition of love.

_DSF0050


And buttons. I do love me some buttons.

hugs.

1 comments:

Tom Serface said...

Wow, nice work!!! And I'm proud of you for your job type work as well. Lots of people complain about their jobs and makes me proud to see you embrace yours.

Related Posts with Thumbnails