Thursday, February 5, 2009

Take That, Angelina Jolie!

Boyfriend and I finally got a chance to shoot some photos of recent knits today. I'm going to try to post them one at a time so as to achieve maximum blogging impact. :)

_DSF0106

This is the Sideways Grande Cloche from Laura Irwin's adorable, need-to-own Boutique Knits. I'm too lazy to swatch hats, so it's a bit slouchier than intended, but I kinda dig it. Really interesting construction... Boyfriend didn't believe in the hatness until the very last possible second.

_DSF0112

_DSF0117

The yarn is Beaverslide Dry Goods McTaggart Tweed, which still smells delightfully farmy despite being processed and shipped. It's cozy and cushy and perfect.

I'm loving Boutique knits with all of its flapperesque headgear. I live only a few blocks from Seaplane, the boutique Laura Irwin owns here in Portland. Needless to say, I'm a bit intimidated about wearing this hat about town. :) Nothing like running into the designer at SBUX.

More to follow. God Bless.

4 comments:

Diane Davis said...

LOVE IT. you are so talented (not to mention completely beautiful in these pictures). Can't wait to see more!

Laura said...

beautiful. i say wear it everywhere.

Tamara said...

yes, very very cute! I love it. I also liked the mustard colored neck cozy on facebook. You never answered me on whether or not you sell these amazing creations....on etsy?

karyn said...

thanks all! Sadly, Tam, I can't make them fast enough to make it worth it to sell them. I generally just give away what I don't keep. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails